The Temple of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♪♫♪♫♪

ИндексПоследни снимкиТърсенеРегистрирайте сеВход

Marriage to Deryck Whibley

Go down 
АвторСъобщение
Helen Laham
Admin
Helen Laham

Marriage to Deryck Whibley Empty
ПисанеЗаглавие: Marriage to Deryck Whibley   Marriage to Deryck Whibley EmptyВто Апр 12, 2011 8:26 am

Marriage to Deryck Whibley 220px-Deryck_Whibley_pointing_to_audience

Lavigne and Deryck Whibley, lead singer and guitarist for the band Sum 41, began dating when she was 19 years old, after being friends since she was 17.[138] Only a few weeks before they met, Lavigne had publicly stated that she was having trouble meeting boys because her bodyguards scared them away. In June 2005, Whibley surprised Lavigne with a trip to Venice, including a gondola ride and a romantic picnic, and on 27 June, he proposed to her.[139]
She initially wanted to have a "rock n' roll, goth wedding", but she admitted to having doubts about going against tradition. "I've been dreaming about my wedding day since I was a little girl. I have to wear the white dress.... People thought that I would [wear a] black wedding dress, and I would have. But at the same time, I was thinking about the wedding pictures, and I wanted to be in style. I didn't want to be thinking, 20 years later, 'Oh, why did I wear my hair like that?'"[140]
The wedding was held on 15 July 2006. About 110 guests attended the wedding, which was held at a private estate in Montecito, California.[141] Lavigne, wearing a gown designed by Vera Wang walked down the aisle with her father, Jean-Claude, to Mendelssohn's "Wedding March". Lavigne chose a colour theme of red and white, including red rose petals and centerpieces of distinctly coloured flowers. The wedding included cocktails for an hour before the reception and a sit-down dinner. The song "Iris", by the Goo Goo Dolls, was played during Lavigne and Whibley's first dance.[142]
Seven months into their marriage, Lavigne stated that she was "the best thing that's ever happened to him", and suggested that she helped Whibley stay off drugs since they'd begun dating. "He doesn't do drugs. Clearly, he used to, because he talked about it, but I wouldn't be with someone who did, and I made that very clear to him when we first started dating. I've never done cocaine in my life, and I'm proud of that. I am 100 percent against drugs."[140] The marriage lasted a little more than three years. It was announced on 17 September 2009 that Lavigne and Whibley had split up and that divorce papers would soon follow.[143] On 9 October 2009, Lavigne filed for divorce, releasing the statement, "I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship."[138] The divorce was finalized on 16 November 2010, officially ending the marriage.[144]
Върнете се в началото Go down
https://the-music-temple.bulgarianforum.net

Marriage to Deryck Whibley
Върнете се в началото 
Страница 1 от 1