The Temple of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♪♫♪♫♪

ИндексПоследни снимкиТърсенеРегистрирайте сеВход

Musical style and influences

Go down 
АвторСъобщение
Helen Laham
Admin
Helen Laham

Musical style and influences Empty
ПисанеЗаглавие: Musical style and influences   Musical style and influences EmptyПет Апр 15, 2011 4:23 am

Musical style and influences 170px-Gagafameball
Gaga has been influenced by glam rock artists such as David Bowie and Queen, as well as pop music artists such as Madonna, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson.[31][104][105] The Queen song "Radio Ga Ga" inspired her stage name, "Lady Gaga".[26][106] She commented: "I adored Freddie Mercury and Queen had a hit called 'Radio Gaga'. That's why I love the name [...] Freddie was unique – one of the biggest personalities in the whole of pop music."[105] In response to the comparisons between herself and Madonna, Gaga stated: "I don't want to sound presumptuous, but I've made it my goal to revolutionise pop music. The last revolution was launched by Madonna 25 years ago."[105] Actress and singer Grace Jones was also cited as an inspiration, along with Blondie singer Debbie Harry.[107][108][109]Gaga has a vocal range of a contralto.[110] Her vocals have drawn frequent comparison to those of Madonna and Gwen Stefani, while the structure of her music is said to echo classic 1980s pop and 1990s Europop.[111] While reviewing her debut album The Fame, The Sunday Times asserted "in combining music, fashion, art and technology, [Gaga] evokes Madonna, Gwen Stefani circa 'Hollaback Girl', Kylie Minogue 2001 or Grace Jones right now."[112] Similarly, The Boston Globe critic Sarah Rodman commented that she draws "obvious inspirations from Madonna to Gwen Stefani... in [her] girlish but sturdy pipes and bubbly beats."[113] Though her lyrics are said to lack intellectual stimulation, "[she] does manage to get you moving and grooving at an almost effortless pace."[114] Music critic Simon Reynolds wrote that "Everything about Gaga came from electroclash, except the music, which wasn't particularly 1980s, just ruthlessly catchy naughties pop glazed with Auto-Tune and undergirded with R&B-ish beats.[115]
Gaga has identified fashion as a major influence.[20][30] She considers Donatella Versace her muse.[20] Gaga has her own creative production team called the Haus of Gaga, which she handles personally. The team creates many of her clothes, stage props, and hairdos.[116] Her love of fashion came from her mother, who she stated was "always very well kept and beautiful."[16] "When I'm writing music, I'm thinking about the clothes I want to wear on stage. It's all about everything altogether—performance art, pop performance art, fashion. For me, it's everything coming together and being a real story that will bring back the super-fan. I want to bring that back. I want the imagery to be so strong that fans will want to eat and taste and lick every part of us."[30] The Global Language Monitor named "Lady Gaga" as the Top Fashion Buzzword with her trademark "no pants" coming in at No. 3.[117] Entertainment Weekly put her outfits on its end of the decade "best-of" list, saying, "Whether it's a dress made of Muppets or strategically placed bubbles, Gaga's outré ensembles brought performance art into the mainstrea
Върнете се в началото Go down
https://the-music-temple.bulgarianforum.net

Musical style and influences
Върнете се в началото 
Страница 1 от 1